Friday 23 August 2013

Fear : To face it or to run from it.


“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”
 FRANK HERBERT, DUNE

In My Opinion, F.E.A.R is Face Everything and Recover or forgets everything and run.

Like every coin has two sides, the word FEAR has the two meanings. It depends on how an individual handles it.

For me, sometimes, this small word creates so many difficulties that I can't think of a way out of them.

I still face difficulty in my life as to how to handle this small word which has very big hazards associated with it. "Fear if once chosen will always result in failure. There is only one thing that can make a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure."
I must adapt FEAR only if I can achieve resilience after it. This is the simplest way to achieve success in life.

If I face everything then it makes me feel that I am brave and after facing all the ups and downs when I recover, it gives me a motivational feeling towards my life. It gives me hope. It gives me the courage to stand up and face my problems and to keep on winning over each of it that brings me down.

At the same time a part of me just wants to forget everything and run, ignoring the reality around me and staying in my comfort zone. Sometimes I just want to hide and give in to all my fears and choose the easiest way out of difficult situations i.e. running. I don't know what others think about this but FEAR many a times remain a FEAR. It haunts me.

FEAR of losing a friend,
FEAR of career,
FEAR of change,
FEAR of getting low scores,
FEAR of facing a mob,
FEAR of taking an initiative,
FEAR of fulfilling expectations,

FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR!!!!!!!!


No comments: