Sunday 21 December 2014

Chef and Food Truck in India

Over the past five years, the food truck sensation has spread across America serving consumers everything from Japanese Pizza, grilled cheese sandwiches with truffle oil and too many other versions of comfort with a gourmet twist to count. Few days back, I came to know the about the same thing in India. It is India’s first Mexican Food truck introduced by five-star Lalit Hotel Chain ‘The Lalit Food truck Company’.
I saw Lalit Food truck at my college fest serving delicious, cheap, and diverse food. I could not stop myself without ordering and interacted with the chefs preparing food. When I read about the Food truck in India, I was so excited and suddenly it reminds me of a movie named ‘Chef’. It is a comedy genre movie released in 2014, where the man does the same type of business. It is the story of a chef Carl Casper who quits his job at a restaurant and launches a food truck business.

The same movie story I shared with the Lalit Food truck chefs. The reason because in the movie ‘Chef’, Carl Casper son, make use of Twitter to go viral in United States. His son was a young teenage kid who knows how to operate Twitter. He clicked photographs of people eating food, make trend on Twitter, and tweet regularly whenever they sell food. This helps his father Food truck business to go viral and increase his business sales. Customers were tweeting back to him, asking him to visit their area, gave him feedback on tweets.

This is a good movie, which tells about the use of Twitter for a Business. I shared the same story with the Chef of Lalit Food truck and told them that they can also go viral by social media. Social Media will help them to increase their business awareness and go viral in the country. In a country like India where people are food savvy, they will surely read and go for it. The best thing about the Food was it was ready in two minutes and it was affordable too. Food was so delicious that now I had an option of eating irrespective of outlets like McDonald's, Burger King, KFC, and other places.  

I found five items on their menu i.e. Crispy Veggie Taco, Falafel, Vegetable Tortilla Wrap, Vegetarian Burger, Churros, and French Fries. Next time, I am going to order again and this time I will order and taste something new from last time.

1 comment:

jade said...

if it had been more of an accent flavor instead of smothered thickly all over everything. Best Food Truck In LA